The realization is sinking in that it is T-minus 7 1/2 days until the Ochsner Seven depart for China! As we scramble around to get packed we took a minute to note some thoughts from each member of the clan. Everyone gave their input on these three questions: 1. What are you looking forward to most? 2.What are you most nervous about? 3. What is one thing that you definitely won’t forget to pack?
- Having adventures with my family.
- Getting all eight of us through airport security.
- My soil physics books.
- That Tyson will get a true rest from the hectic schedule and our family will enjoy more concentrated family-time.
- Probably keeping our family feed on a Chinese diet.
- Our Passports!
- Probably the new environment and people around me.
- The new environment and people around me!
- My Camera and Kindle (gotta get books somehow!)
- The sights.
- The food.
- My Kindle.
- The airplane ride.
- Having to talk.
- Going to the Great Wall.
- Meeting new people.
- My toothbrush.
- Being blonde-haired, blue-eyed in a nation of dark-hair, dark-eyed people. (He is now fondly referred to as Toddler-Mao.)
- Nothing; anywhere he goes, he’ll get what he wants!
-Blog post by Audrey O-